About The Snoring Center
Craig Schwimmer, MD, MPH, FACS : Founder & Medical Director
Dallas and Houston, TX
Dr. Schwimmer is a Board Certified Otolaryngologist, more commonly called an Ear, Nose, and Throat or ENT doctor. You may also have heard the term ENT specialist. They specialize in the head, neck, and related areas. ENT services and procedures include snoring treatment, sleep apnea management, tonsillectomies, and treatment of nasal allergies.
Dr. Schwimmer graduated from the Emory University School of Medicine in 1991. He completed his otolaryngology training at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, studying under some of the leading clinicians and scientists in the field of snoring and sleep apnea. He has co-authored numerous articles on the subject, including pioneering work on the relationship between obstructive sleep apnea and gastroesophageal reflux. After six years of residency training, he practiced in Baltimore, Maryland, where he was also a member of the teaching faculty at Johns Hopkins University and actively involved in training otolaryngology residents.
Since 2001, he has practiced in Dallas, where he founded The Snoring Center.
Founding of The Snoring Center
We understand that snoring is more than just a nuisance. From lack of sleep, to high blood pressure, and relationship problems, it can have serious physical and psychological effects on the patient and those around them. We can help.
As an ENT doctor, Dr. Craig Schwimmer has taken care of Texans suffering from snoring and sleep apnea for over 20 years. Overwhelmingly, what he saw in his patients was a shared sense of frustration.
- Frustrated with doctors who didn’t understand that “just snoring” was a real problem in their lives.
- Tired of sleeping in separate bedrooms or feeling exhausted during the day.
- Discouraged by the lack of treatment options that were available to them.
Armed with new minimally invasive treatments as well as inspired by the relief he was able to provide patients, Dr. Schwimmer set out to offer ENT services to specifically help those affected by snoring and sleep apnea. He created The Snoring Center.
Dr. Schwimmer based The Snoring Center’s unique approach upon a few simple beliefs:
- You have the right to understand all your treatment options and choose those that are best for you.
- Treatment options are only as good as a your willingness to tolerate them.
- We do what makes the most sense for each individual patient.
- Invasive surgical treatments do not have a high enough success rate to justify their risk, expense or pain.
- If you suffer from chronic snoring or sleep apnea—or you share a bedroom with someone who does—we’re here to help. Schedule a free evaluation.