America’s #1 provider of the Pillar Procedure
Snoring Center physicians have performed more Pillar Procedures than any other practice in the country. This simple, effective procedure can be performed right in our office in as little as 20 minutes, and most patients return to normal eating and activities immediately.
What Is The Pillar Procedure?
The Pillar Procedure is an FDA-approved procedure used for treating snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea. During the procedure, small woven implants are placed in the soft palate, stiffening the palate and reducing vibration that can cause snoring.
What Can I Expect?
This is one of the most simple sleep apnea services available, because it is performed in the office, using only local anesthesia, and allows people to immediately resume normal activities. The entire procedure takes place in our office and typically in less than 20 minutes. And since the procedure doesn’t involve removal or destruction of tissue, there is minimal discomfort or impact on everyday activities such as eating and speaking.
Does It Work?
Most patients report an improvement in their snoring within weeks, though some may take up to 3 months to realize the complete benefits.
According to Medtronic (makers of The Pillar Procedure), clinical studies have shown that:
- Patients experienced a significant decrease in snoring intensity
- Bed partner satisfaction has been documented at 80% or better
- Patients experienced less daytime sleepiness
- Approximately 80% of patients demonstrated improvement in their sleep apnea
The Three Pillars Of A Better Night’s Sleep
The Snoring Center has been helping people get a better night’s sleep for nearly a decade and we’ve found three themes that keep coming up.
So, we created a series that teaches you these three themes. It’s a 10-part course that helps you to identify ways in which you can achieve a better night’s sleep.
Pillar 1: Understanding Sleep
You’re tired, but why? You go to sleep every night hopeful that you’ll wake up refreshed and rejuvenated; Instead, you wake up more tired than before.
- How can something that you do every single day not be working?
- There’s a lot to learn about sleep and that’s where we’ll begin.
- Here you’ll learn the importance of sleep and how it affects your life.
Pillar 2: Understanding Snoring And Sleep Apnea
There’s a grizzly bear in your bed. It might be you. It could be the person next to you. It doesn’t matter. Snoring prevents you from getting a restful night’s sleep.
- Snoring makes you tired, but it can pave the way for more serious health concerns such as sleep apnea.
- Sleep apnea is a dangerous medical condition that can be fatal. Yes, fatal.
- In this section, you’ll learn all about snoring and sleep apnea while gaining more insight on how these can negatively impact your health
Pillar 3: Getting A Better Night’s Sleep
There’s a right way and a wrong way to sleep. It’s something you’ve done every day of your life, so you should be an expert, right? However, most of us slug around drinking gallons of coffee and energy drinks precisely because we aren’t experts at sleeping.
Summing It Up
Each of these pillars makes the others stronger. Together, they represent our best advice on how to get a better night’s sleep.
The Snoring Center’s Guide to Better Sleep is a free 10-part course delivered by email. Each week you’ll get a new lesson on one of the topics above.
You’ll get loads of information and expert advice from The Snoring Center’s physicians and staff. Plus, you’ll be able to put it all together to decide how you can get an even better night’s sleep.